Shatel: Tom's Take on 20 Unforgettable Years of Sports Book for only $13.40!
Time left: 00:00:00
Deal ended at 00:00:00 on 01/07/2013
A keepsake for all who love sports history.Get "Shatel: Tom's Take on 20 Unforgettable Years of Sports" for just $13.40! That's nearly 1/2 off the cover price.
Tom Shatel arrived in 1991 and surveyed a sleepy sports scene. The Nebraska football program was two decades past its last national title, and the local community was at odds with itself over how to become an active participant in big-time sports. But the landscape began to change, and The World-Herald sports columnist was there to witness 20 years of it all:
- Three national championships for Husker football in the 1990s.
- An era of dominance for Nebraska volleyball that also included three national titles.
- An unprecedented period of success for Creighton basketball.
- The birth of UNO hockey, and the Mavs' transition to Division I athletics.
- The magic of the College World Series.
- Nebraska baseball's breakthrough on the Road to Omaha.
- The impact of a new downtown arena, with Omaha hosting national events such as the 2008 Olympic Swim Trials and the NCAA men's basketball tournament.
Relive all of those memories and more, as Tom narrates an incredible period of sports history. The forward was written by Tom Osborne.
- Must be redeemed at the Omaha World-Herald front lobby counter at 1314 Douglas Street, Omaha, NE
- Front lobby hours are 8am - 5pm Mon - Fri.
- Sales tax included in price.
- Omaha World-Herald will not mail any books under any circumstances.
- No refunds. All sales are final.
- Not valid with any other promotion or discount.
- Limit 3 (three) per person. May buy up to three additional as gifts.
- Must present printed voucher in order to redeem offer.